Where does BitBlitplugin.c come from?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Nov 22 20:09:53 UTC 2002

On Friday 22 November 2002 11:55 am, Frits Swinkels wrote:
> I brought over the following files from the UIUC archive:
> Squeak-3.2-4956-i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.2-5.tar.gz
> Squeak-3.2-5.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
> Squeak-3.2-5.src.tar.gz
> SqueakV3.sources.gz
>
> Squeak runs fine but I have problems around VMMaker. It does not
> want to read VMMaker.config; as it turns out the config array still
> carries Mr Piumarta's pathnames;)

You should fire up a VMMaker tool and tell it your new path.

> More importantly, there is a /src/BitBltPlugin/BitBlitPlugin.c ,
> supposedly generated by Squeak. My image has no BitBlitPlugin and
> neither does /platforms. I looked all over, for example whether the
> class BitBlt had its own translator; that is out anyway because the
> .c contains function calls not in the BitBlt class.
>
> How did this file come into being?

It is generated from the BitBltSimulation class.

Look at the subclasses of InterpreterPlugin, or implementors of
#moduleName.

> My purpose for studying the VM is to find out how much and what of
> X11 is actually used by Squeak.

There have been other tourists here before you; as I recall, Adam
Feuer and Stephen Pair have worked on VNC. Their work would probably
be interesting.

Though the place to look for all of this is at sqXWindow.c. This
handles the X11 event loop, and also handles BitBlt to the display.

> Excuse me if it is an old and known question. I did search the
> archives first apart from my long educational tour in the VM
> categories of Squeak.
>
> Signed by a new tourist in the bowels of the VM.
>
> Frits Swinkels
> #306 2920 Cook Street
> Victoria, B.C., V8T 3S7
> phone and fax 250 389 0155
> frits.swinkels at shaw.ca

Ah, yet another NW Squeaker! Now there's at least two from the
Victoria area (you and John McIntosh, though I think he's in Sidney).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com