Where does BitBlitplugin.c come from?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 23 16:06:01 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> On Friday 22 November 2002 11:55 am, Frits Swinkels wrote:
> > I brought over the following files from the UIUC archive:
> > Squeak-3.2-4956-i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.2-5.tar.gz
> > Squeak-3.2-5.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
> > Squeak-3.2-5.src.tar.gz
> > SqueakV3.sources.gz
> >
> > Squeak runs fine but I have problems around VMMaker. It does not
> > want to read VMMaker.config; as it turns out the config array still
> > carries Mr Piumarta's pathnames;)
>
> You should fire up a VMMaker tool and tell it your new path.

Exactly; the config file stores the paths saved by the original saver.
Unless you have identical directory layout you can't expect them to
translate from one machine to another, certainly not across platforms
since we have no canonical filepath format to use. I suppose it would be
plausible to try to save a releative path in the config file which would
reduce the problem just a little.

> > More importantly, there is a /src/BitBltPlugin/BitBlitPlugin.c
[snip]
> > How did this file come into being?
>
> It is generated from the BitBltSimulation class.
>
> Look at the subclasses of InterpreterPlugin, or implementors of
> #moduleName.
Something I hope to see fixed one day is the rather odd collection of
plugin names and related classes names. Maybe if/when the new image
format is done?

tim
There are never any bugs you haven't found yet.