SM future version

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 23 17:46:59 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> But let me assure you - I have also been thinking about for example
> having an online database to be able to answer queries like "all senders
> of" etc. And I have also dwelled upon the decision to have meta data
> outside of the packages (and currently I think it is a good move
> actually, ask me for more details and I can explain more).
Surely we can do a 'good enough' job right now; when registering a
package (or whenever - maybe paet of the process of creating the SAR
file?) generate a chunk of text that simply lists all the selectors
implemented and sent within the code being registered. That can be
scanned by eye if neccessary, by a trivial parser attached to the SM
tools etc. The list could include indices into the sources to actually
point to the usage of each selector, or the tool could just scan at
request time. No need for anything complicated.

Perhaps this is a good use for the text indexing stuff crosby did a
while back? Use it on the SM server to build a total index of where
selectors are referenced.

tim

Strange OpCodes: XA: Execute Address field