[Squeakfoundation]re: releasing SqueakMap

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sun Nov 24 13:57:03 UTC 2002

Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi scott
>
> I think that this is a really good initiative, if we could have
> Squeak3.4 for christmax this would be great.
> Then I hope that SqueakMap will be shipped with the **final** image.

Eh, well, I will gladly make any and all jumps through hoops etc to make
it look like SM is in the image but I still want it to be a package
outside. Ok? This is essential - if I have any saying in this matter
*the SqueakMap package will stay outside of the image!*

But when doing Squeak "distros" I think we should deliver a minimal
image together with a "cached" directory of package releases that can
easily be installed without being online. For the next "big" SM release
I intend to introduce package releases and a good "cache" of them on
disk.

regards, Göran