Finding open space?

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 17:05:34 UTC 2002

Is there as a simple way to find an open area of the
world to position a new Morph in, so that it doesn't
block anything else?  I have a Connectors-based
free-form drawing on the screen that I don't want to
disturb, but would like to popup a TextMorph (what I'm
using now anyway) with some status information in it
somewhere without blocking the drawing, if possible.
I see possibilities with alignment and layouts, but
they seem to imply a structure to what's already on
the screen, which I can't do.

I liked the refrigerator magnet project on Bob's Super
Swiki, but the code seems overly complex for what I
want to do.  It also conflicts with the more current
version of Connectors that I'm using.

Any ideas?