[Q] x.509 encoding of a dsa public key

rwithers12 at attbi.com rwithers12 at attbi.com
Mon Nov 25 22:22:39 UTC 2002

Hi Martin,

Hopefully this response makes it through the AT&T filters and /dev/net/null. :
(

Thanks for the links - I had found the first one in my web searches but not the
second.  I noticed Booz-Allen seems to have done a lot of beltway consulting in
this area.  I am scared; that's a lot of work!  pros: you get SNMP and PKI and
surely some other items with it,  cons: ASN.1 and X509 represent...well a lot
more work than I have weekends.  If code doesn't appear from a local diety, I
will proceed to hack TSTTCPW, which is the DSAPublicKeyInfo encoding {id-dsa-
with-sha1 SEQUENCE<q, p, g, y>} or so, and not the full X509Certificate.  If
only I knew what those bits were..

I completely agree that this would be a _very_ useful open-source project.  Any
chance of Cincom donating your work in X509 and ASN.1?   We could put it in the
Goodies category of SqueakMap!  ;-)

regards,
robert