Help - problems with Squeakmap

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 26 17:55:57 UTC 2002

"Tim W" <tyguy11 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> I attempted to file in the Squeakmap change set and got the following =
> error message:
>
> directory
>  (FileDirectory default fileOrDirectoryExists: dir)
>   ifTrue: [^ FileDirectory default directoryNamed: dir]
>   ifFalse: [self error: 'SqueakMap can not find the directory ''' , dir =
> , ''' where it keeps the logfiles!']
>
> what is the fix ?
>
> thanks, Tim

Well, as Ned pointed out this is a method you are showing. I assume the
error you refer to is the one possibly being thrown in there.

If that is the case then SqueakMap can't find the "sm" directory that it
uses and that should be located in the same directory that it is running
in - typically where your VM is located. On Win32 that would be
squeak.exe.

If you perhaps moved the image and VM somewhere else you need to move
the "sm" directory along with it. Or at least copy it, that is fine too.

regards, Göran