BookMorph: why are new pages forced vResizing: #rigid?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Nov 26 17:58:06 UTC 2002

I'm trying to use a BookMorph inside another Morph.

It's frustrating, since I'd like to have new pages automatically
resize themselves to the book's size. I can do this on the first
page/newPagePrototype, but new pages have their vResizing forced to
#rigid in BookMorph>>insertPageColored:.

I could make a subclass, sure, but I was wondering why this was set to
happen (especially since the hResizing isn't touched).

It's a bit awkward to have to use the Halos to set page size. I find
that making the pages resize to the book works fine for me.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com