Halloween SqMOM doesn't like OSProcess on win32 - now have VI4 problem

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 26 19:22:45 UTC 2002

"PhiHo Hoang" <phiho.hoang at rogers.com> wrote:
> I like to reproduce this. Please tell me how did you
> get at the clean 3.4 image in VI4 format ?
> I tried to update the stock 3.2 in VI4 format from VI4
> home page.
> At update 5005u16-Events, I got a walkback:
> "Error: BlockContext no longer exists in VI4
> See UndeclaredVariable #vi4Obsolete for alternatives"

PhiHo, it sounds like you dont have the latest update to VI4 installed,
entitled "VI4ObsoleteMap".  Get it from the VI4 website and make sure
your mapObsoleteClassNamesToNewVI4Classes preference in the update
category is on (this is the default).  Then update to 3.4.  It should
work although you should double check that the methods being added to
new classes like BlockClosure, still makes sense (see vi4Obsolete).  I will
release a 3.4 version of VI4 when 3.4 becomes stable.

>From looking at the picture Jeff sent, it looks like Jeff's problem has
to do with incompatibility between WindowsProcess and the new VI4
Process2/SuspencedProcess.  If you can't figure it out, I will look into it.

Cheers,
Anthony