[FIX][GOODIE] AdjacencyLayoutFixes-nk

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Nov 26 19:36:43 UTC 2002

On Monday 25 November 2002 10:22 am, Anthony Hannan wrote:
> from preamble:
>
> "Change Set:		AdjacencyLayout-ajh
> Date:			25 November 2002
> Author:			Anthony Hannan
>
> Send 'layoutPolicy: AdjacencyLayout new' to any Morph to make its
> submorphs never overlap.  Have a submorph return false to the
> 'beAdjacent' message if it should ignore this no overlap rule.

Interesting, but be warned that this CS will break Connectors, as it
conflicts with a change to Morph (the one change to the base image
made by Connectors). (Morph>>addedOrRemovedSubmorph:). The change
that Connectors makes could be used by this CS, though.

Even after fixing that conflict, it doesn't work too well with
Connectors. I suspect that some morphs will have to return false to
beAdjacent (like the connectors themselves, and the highlight morphs,
which are right now not special Morphs).

Enclosed are two change sets.

AdjacencyLayoutAdditions-nk.1.cs.gz adds #beAdjacent to a number of
classes so that AdjacencyLayout-ajh plays more nicely with Squeak if
you do:
World layoutPolicy: AdjacencyLayout new
like I did to test it out.

AdjacencyLayoutConnectors-nk.1.cs.gz makes AdjacencyLayout-ajh work
better with Connectors. Don't file this one in unless you have *both*
AdjacencyLayout-ajh and Connectors loaded in your image.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com