OSProcess on win32 - now have VI4 problem

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 26 23:15:17 UTC 2002

"Jeff Sparkes" <jsparkes at databeacon.com> wrote:
> Without the updates, you get the problem I outlined before, so it may just be a mea culpa.

Please always use the updates.

VI4 updates to 3.4alpha fine.  The only problem is a conflict in
#didCodeChangeElsewhere.  This can be changed manually by merging the
last two versions together.  Or just file-in the attached changeset
after updating to 3.4.

  With the updates, I get a different
> error: a confirm dialog titled "Error: CompiledMethod2 resetChildProcessDictionary?" and choices of "Debug Process" and "Abort Process".

I did not get this error.  A quote is missing from one of the OSProcess
changeset preamble comments.  This caused an UndefinedObject bottom?
error.  The attached changeset fixes this so a SyntaxError window comes
up allowing you to add the quote and continue.  After that the install
completed fine.  But I did not test OSProcess since I don't have the
Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll and I am too lazy to get the platform code and
build it.  I'm surprised a prebuilt dll is not on the OSProcess swiki
page.

Cheers,
Anthony

The attached changeset is also listed as an update on the VI4 website.