manuallly controlling dependencies, at least for SAR

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 27 09:12:07 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 November 2002 08:42 pm, Jeff Sparkes wrote:
> > BTW, my prototype of the above ran into problems using
> > installPackageNamed: and "(SMInstaller classForPackage: card)
> > install".  I can send stack traces, but it's pretty easy to
> > reproduce.
>
> What kind of problems did you run into?
>
> I'm attacking error reporting in the SMInstaller download/install
> process right now; perhaps I could do something about what you found.

Ok, Ned - don't put too many hours into it though - I want to change
that stuff into dynamically registered services instead. But for 3.4 I
gladly take "fixes"!

And regarding the dependency stuff - we can add stuff like you showed -
and I did outline these things in a posting about "load scripts"
earlier. But I don't want people hacking too much for dependencies
because in 1.1 (or 2.0 or whatever) of SM (for Squeak 3.5 I guess) we
will add package releases and the API will be reworked to take these
things into account. I am working on this as we speak.

regards, Göran