manuallly controlling dependencies, at least for SAR

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 27 14:21:22 UTC 2002

"Jeff Sparkes" <jsparkes at databeacon.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 November 2002 08:42 pm, Jeff Sparkes wrote:
> > > BTW, my prototype of the above ran into problems using
> > > installPackageNamed: and "(SMInstaller classForPackage: card)
> > > install".  I can send stack traces, but it's pretty easy to
> > > reproduce.
> >
> > What kind of problems did you run into?
> >
> > I'm attacking error reporting in the SMInstaller download/install
> > process right now; perhaps I could do something about what you found.
>
> Packages from: SMSqueakMap default installedPackages.
>  a Set(SMCard[SqueakMap Browser] SMCard[Monticello] SMCard[Win32 Native Fonts] SMCard[VI4] SMCard[SM Package Loader] SMCard[Refactoring Browser] SMCard[SqueakMap] SMCard[SARBuilder] SMCard[AccuFonts] SMCard[Categorical SM Package Loader] SMCard[DVS] SMCard[PackageInfo] SMCard[SARInstaller for 3.4a] SMCard[Test Runner Enhancements])
>
> I evaluated
>   SMSqueakMap default installPackageNamed: 'Win32 Native Fonts'.

This one is a fixed bug not yet released. Change this method to be:

cardWithNameBeginning: aString
	"Look up a package beginning with <aString>. Return nil if missing.
	We return the shortest matching one. We also strip out spaces and
	ignore case in both <aString> and the names."

	| candidates shortest answer searchString |
	searchString _ (aString asLowercase) copyWithout: Character space.
	candidates _ cards values select: [:card |
		((card name asLowercase) copyWithout: Character space)
			beginsWith: searchString ].
	shortest _ 1000.
	candidates do: [:card |
		card name size < shortest ifTrue:[answer _ card. shortest _ card name
size]].
	^answer

...and then try again! Or make sure to only use lower case without
spaces (don't need the full name though) in the search like this:

SMSqueakMap default installPackageNamed: 'win32nativefonts'

regards, Göran