How can I delete unwanted objects?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 27 15:51:25 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 03:48 am, Torsten Sadowski wrote:

> I just have some inaccessible Morphs sitting on my world. Is there
> a simple possibility to remove these? If there is, I would
> appreciate an entry in the explorer and inspector menus to make it
> really easy.

What do you mean they're inaccessible?

If you mean that they stay in existence even though they have no owner
(i.e. they've been deleted), try purging the undo records and
emptying the trash (both from the World menu). If they still hang
around, you can use the "objects pointing to" or "chase pointers"
menu items in the explorer or inspector.

If you mean that they're still in the World but you can't see them,
you can do one of the following:

* to get a delete button, do a shift-click on the desktop, select the
Morph you want to kill, and you MAY see its delete (X) handle come
up. Click this to get rid of the Morph. However, this apparently only
works when the Morph is to the left of the world.

* to move morphs back inside the world boundaries, choose "playfield
options/round up strays", which should move all the morphs back in
bounds.

Failing this (like if you have a morph with a negative extent, like I
just had), you can explore the world's submorphs and evaluate "self
delete" on the ones you want to get rid of.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com