Unix 3.2-6 VM

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Wed Nov 27 18:22:27 UTC 2002

Hy Samir,

I have installed the packages
  libffi2 3.0.4-7
  libffi2-dev 3.0.4-7
at my woody debian system.

With them I've gotten 3.2-5 (previous VM) builded.

If I recall correctly the headers have been necessary for building.

Note: I haven't found an earlier version of libffi here, so

Samir Saidani wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> I fix the problem with "GLX" (I have to load this module)
> Another problem is due to debian system :
>
> ioLoadModule(/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.2-6/SqueakFFIPrims.so):
>   libffi.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Segmentation fault
> 1086023344 TeaProcessScheduler>runIdleProcess
> 1086022400 [] in TeaProcessScheduler>initialize
> 1086022492 [] in BlockContext>newProcess
>
> I have to install libffi.so.1 manually I think

libffi.so.1 wouldn't be found at *my* system (there is libffi.so.2).

Hope this gives some hints, but...
...don't ask me regarding building/running the current Unix 3.2-6 VM;
haven't even downloaded the sources yet.

Greetings,

Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)