[Update] Faure 0.3 (Play release)

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Thu Nov 28 04:13:13 UTC 2002

Hi Stephane, Karl

I've added screenshots at
http://russell-allen.com/squeak/faure/screenshots/

The scribble pad definately needs to be multipage; it also needs to be
saved by default (at the moment you will lose the scribble if you quit
the image).  How to save these things most effectively I'm not sure;
maybe magma or minnestore...

Handwriting recognition is a biggie.  I haven't tried out genie yet; so
I can't comment.  I'll have a look at it though.  My goal would be a
system that wasn't so damn modal as Palm/WinCE - I hate having to either
write in a special place or to switch into a 'keyboard mode' to write
anything.

If genie works the way I suspect it would, then there will be problems
with an after-the-fact recognition of letters in a saved bitmap.  Most
character recognition stuff I know of uses pen stroke info - you'd
either have to save the strokes, or use a dedicated OCR program.

Cheers,

Russell