"Pattern Hatching"

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Nov 28 02:22:13 UTC 2002

I wrote:
    It would be really illuminating to see some of [Vlissides'] examples
    revisited by a better than competent Smalltalker, because I
    think you'd end up with a completely different set of patterns
    being applied, or the patterns would look different.

Jim Menard <jimm at io.com> replied:
	I recommend "The Design Patterns Smalltalk Companion" by Alpert,
	Brown, and Woolf.  You can find it online.

Thank you for the tip.  Not only can you find it online, you can find
some of the draft chapters online too.  I have looked at some of those
chapters, and have asked for our library to get a copy.

HOWEVER, it doesn't actually "revisit" any of "[Vlissides'] examples"
as far as I can see.