70 packages on SqueakMap!

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Nov 29 12:22:29 UTC 2002

Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote:
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> > Roel Wuyts <roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> >
> >>Maybe I missed it in one of the threads, but was there a decision on
> >>including the SAR-thingie by default? I got questions from people that
> >>want to use the StarBrowser and claim it is not there (since you only
> >>see it after you installed the SAR-thingie).
> >

> > Well, perhaps I could post a "load script" for SqueakMap called
> > "SqueakMap" and rename the current SqueakMap package to "SqueakMap base"
> > or something. Then that script would typically load "SqueakMap base" and
> > the others too.
> >
> > I will see what I can do.
> >
> > regards, Göran
>
> Or just get dependencies working and then the package can depend on the
> SARInstaller, and the SARInstaller will get installed automatically, first.

Working on it! Did a whole lot of work yesterday evening etc. But...
This is actually *not* a dependency. SqueakMap works fine without
SARInstaller. :-)

It is more like a "good extra addon to make SqueakMap even better".
"Load scripts" are fine for that I think. Especially since a "load
script" can ask the user "Hey, do you want all the installers too?" etc.

regards, Göran