TrueType based TextStyle

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Nov 29 15:31:49 UTC 2002

  Hello,

  I'm guessing there is something similar to this, but this is a
change set that allows you to use TrueType based glyphs as a font for
a normal TextStyle.  You don't have to install any additional plugins,
and the "default" glyph (MS Sans Comic) in the vanilla 3.2 image can
be used once you file this in.

  One glitch is that when you rotate the TextMorph with a TT style, it
loses the nice Anti-Aliased edge.  I think it must be a matter of
selecting right combination rule, but not quite sure which one and
where is the place to fix.

  The following is the comment from the preamble.

  Enjoy,

-- Yoshiki

"Change Set:		TrueTypeTextStyle
Date:			29 November 2002
Author:			Yoshiki Ohshima

This change set will allow you to use TrueType based outline glyphs as a TextStyle.  Once you load this change set, you will see 'ComicSansMS' style in the 'Change font' halo menu.  You can add new styles by calling TTCFont>>newTextStyleFromTTFile:.  I don't know where those TT fonts are located on Mac, but it should work if you specify the correct path.  You definitely will want to try symbol.ttf:-)

  This change set was first written for the multilingualized Squeak and .TTC (TrueType Collection) file.  The name of the class and the category name are reminiscent of it."