TrueType based TextStyle

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Fri Nov 29 18:15:47 UTC 2002

Yoshiki,

    This is very cool, thanks.

     What a leverage, 12KB of C# code
    (TrueTypeTextStyle.cs ;-)
    bring 73MB of fonts to my Squeak
    (that's how small my 'windows\Fonts'
    directory is).

    It even works with VI4 :-)

    Would you please put it on SqueakMap.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Cc: <m.rueger at acm.org>; <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de>; <dastrs at bellsouth.net>;
<dpreed at reed.com>; <kim.rose at squeakland.org>
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 10:31 AM
Subject: TrueType based TextStyle

>   Hello,
>
>   I'm guessing there is something similar to this, but this is a
> change set that allows you to use TrueType based glyphs as a font for
> a normal TextStyle.  You don't have to install any additional plugins,
> and the "default" glyph (MS Sans Comic) in the vanilla 3.2 image can
> be used once you file this in.
>
>   One glitch is that when you rotate the TextMorph with a TT style, it
> loses the nice Anti-Aliased edge.  I think it must be a matter of
> selecting right combination rule, but not quite sure which one and
> where is the place to fix.
>
>   The following is the comment from the preamble.
>
>   Enjoy,
>
> -- Yoshiki
>
> "Change Set: TrueTypeTextStyle
> Date: 29 November 2002
> Author: Yoshiki Ohshima
>
> This change set will allow you to use TrueType based outline glyphs as a
TextStyle.  Once you load this change set, you will see 'ComicSansMS' style
in the 'Change font' halo menu.  You can add new styles by calling
TTCFont>>newTextStyleFromTTFile:.  I don't know where those TT fonts are
located on Mac, but it should work if you specify the correct path.  You
definitely will want to try symbol.ttf:-)

>   This change set was first written for the multilingualized Squeak and
.TTC (TrueType Collection) file.  The name of the class and the category
name are reminiscent of it."