DVS - remotely updating to / from a server... Monticello?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Nov 29 22:28:04 UTC 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Derek Brans wrote:

> I want to update a package on a remote server without having to do the
> whole fileOut - ftp put - fileIn thing.  How easy would it be to create
> a subclass of PackageManager that pushes / pulls updates to / from a
> server?  Is it Monticello that I'm after?

First of all, ftp put is not the way to go - you should be using CVS.

But to answer your question, yes, Monticello is what you're after.  I'd
encourage you to play around with the version that's currently out there,
but be aware that it's alpha - we (mostly Colin Putney, actually) are
actively hacking on it and file formats, protocols, etc, will be changing
left and right with the next release.

Cheers,
Avi