[VI4-3.4] A bug?

Ken Collins kenncoll123 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 18:59:12 UTC 2002

I started with a squeaky clean VI4-3.2. I deleted the mouse and all the
information windows. I didn't change anything else before updating to 3.4
(Squeak 3.4alpha[VI4] latest update: #5125).

Now I open a Browser (normal or package pane), and select(left click) ANY
method in the upper right Browser window for ANY class. So far, so good.
Then when I RIGHT click the same selected method in the same place, I get a
"CompiledMethod2 timeStamp?" error.

I have attached the DebugLog.

In a previous fresh (Squeak 3.4alpha[VI4] latest update: #5125) image, I
looked at Utilities Class>> timeStampForMethod: method
	"Answer the authoring time-stamp for the given method, retrieved from the
sources or changes file. Answer the empty string if no time stamp is
available."
	"Utilities timeStampForMethod: (Utilities class compiledMethodAt:
#timeStampForMethod:)"

	^ method timeStamp

and changed ^ method timeStamp to ^ self (just to see what would happen),
accepted it, and afterword I could right click the methods to my hearts
content with no more errors. Not that I frequently right click methods in
that pane, but I had been working on a SuperDooper class and discovered this
"behavior" when attempting to remove a method from it.

Any pointers?

System: Win2k,128 RAM

Thanks,

Ken