[BUG]3.4-5125 FileDirectory>exists faulty?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Nov 30 23:02:24 UTC 2002

On Saturday 30 November 2002 02:45 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > Does this sound OK? It works for me on the Mac, Unix, and Windows
> > VMs I have available.
>
> Well it's bad logic unfortunately; not all OSs have directories
> contain themselves and their parent. I've never really understood
> anyone would think that that is a smart thing to do. My
> understanding was that the prim code is supposed to filter . & ..
> out anyway.

This doesn't assume that the directory contains anything at all. It
just depends on the prim returning nil or an entry for index 1 (which
it should), or #badDirectory if the directory isn't there.

Unfortunately, it's broken in Unix and Mac because of directory
caching in dir_lookup() that isn't invalidated when you delete the
directory you just looked in and then try to look in it again (which
is what the FileDirectoryTests do in testDeleteDirectory.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com