testUUIDPrimitives (it fails)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Oct 2 20:06:15 UTC 2002

Steve Gilbert pointed out that bringing up the Sunit test UI and
running the tests kicked back that
the UUIDPrimitives failed on his platform.

Now it seems that for some version of windows NT microsoft choose to
increment the version
number information. However I can't find a document that explains that,
and or what exactly is
different about  the UUID they are generating.

So

a) If people could try the test and report to me if it fails, that
would be good.
b) If some microsoft aware developer could point to the doc that
details the UUID version number field that would be good too.

===