Refactoring Browser - new release, new home and other news.

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Oct 7 04:37:20 UTC 2002

On Sunday 06 October 2002 07:59 pm, Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> > > Personally, I think
> > > the fileIn code in DVS is just as generally useful as the
> > > fileOut code...
> >
> > Prove it :-) - write the tutorial on how to use it for team
> > development. Once I understand how it can help me, if I decide I
> > need it, I might just write the GUI integration code...
>
> Ok.  A first cut is up at
>
> http://beta4.com/squeak/aubergines/docs/dvs.html
>
> for you to take a look at.  I'm afraid I was getting a bit tired by
> the time I got to the actual CVS section, though; it will only
> really be useful if you already know how CVS itself works.
> Hopefully the idea comes across anyway.
>
> I expect to revise and improve this, so please send comments...

Thanks, Avi, for writing this tutorial (as well as for writing DVS!).
As soon as I get some free time I'm going to use this for Connectors
as well as putting it on SqueakMap.

However, I was wondering:

Right now, I've named my system categories using 3.3 module naming
conventions so people could load Connectors into 3.3 images with less
difficulty.

So instead of system categories named "Connectors-*", I have system
categories named "Project-Connectors-*".

If I start naming method categories like this, I'll have method
categories like "*project-connectors-geometry" which is too wide to
show fully on most peoples browsers.

Is there some shortcut for defining equivalence for DVS (i.e. telling
it that method categories named like "*connectors-geometry" are
really associated with the package named by "Project-Connectors-*" ?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com