[BUG] Problem with renaming classes

Ken Causey ken at ineffable.com
Tue Oct 8 21:20:06 UTC 2002

I'm using 3.2-4956 and I think I've found a problem with renaming a
class.  I created a class named CutterShape.  Later on in the design
process I renamed this as SegmentedCutterShape, and then created a new
class CutterShape which became the super class of SegmentedCutterShape.
In my original image the change sorter shows for SegmentedCutterShape:

New class comment.
Class definition was added.
Class name was changed.

And for CutterShape:

Class definition was added.

But a filed out changeset only shows:

Object subclass: #CutterShape
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'ineffable-puzzled'!

...snip...

Smalltalk renameClassNamed: #CutterShape as: #SegmentedCutterShape!
CutterShape subclass: #SegmentedCutterShape
	instanceVariableNames: 'vertices '
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'ineffable-puzzled'!

But then no further
Class>>subclass:instanceVariableNames:classVariableNames:poolDictionaries:category:
references for CutterShape.

So the result if I file this into an image is a SegmentedCutterShape
subclassing ProtoObject.

Needless to say, this is annoying.

Ken Causey