Squeak on Palm OS 5?

Swan, Dean Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Wed Oct 9 19:43:29 UTC 2002

Well, I was speaking somewhat "tongue-in-cheek".  I still have Squeak on my Casio E-105, and someday I may even get the damaged touchscreen fixed - or I might just buy an iPaq.  Or maybe I'll get really motivated and get it ported to my Psion 5MX, which is still my primary "personal" computer.  I'll probably just buy an iPaq though.

							-Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron J Reichow [mailto:reic0024 at d.umn.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 10:47 PM
To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Subject: Re: Squeak on Palm OS 5?

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Tommy Thorn wrote:

> Swan, Dean wrote:
>
> > Personally, I would recommend just giving in to the Dark Side of the
> > Force, sign up with the Evil MS Empire, and get an iPaq if you really
> > need Squeak in your pocket, but if you must have it on Palm OS, it is
> > possible.
>
> Or get a Zaurus Linux PDA.  Mine runs Squeak already. Ipaq with Linux is
> also an option.

Maybe I read too many Star Wars books, but using WinCE doesn't take you
down the path of the dark side.  That is, it's all in how you use it.
Since I use WinCE to run Squeak, I'm very much basking in the Light of the
Force, while those who use Linux on their PDAs who run M$-wannabe apps are
truly the ones in darkness.

/duck

Regards,
Aaron "The Pragmatic Jedi" Reichow

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn