is Missing multiple inheritance in sqeak a drawback ?

Andrew Berg andrew_c_berg at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 22:57:56 UTC 2002

I've been thinking about this, and what I decided I
want (but sadly don't have time to build) is a browser
that can perform this for me.  The second-rightmost
pane in the system browser--it shows message
categories--I would like to have it also show and
manage mixins for me.  I could add a variable and then
say that that variable implements my Foo interface,
and it would just generate passthru message handlers
to that object, which I could then manipulate.

Also, I'd like to be able to tell it that I want to
implement the Bar interface (to use the Jave parlance)
and have it generate stubs for all of those methods
for me.  Ideally, they would show up in red in the
method pane until I'd actually put in the real
implementation or explicitly said that they would be
handled by the super.

In some ways it is not as clean as extending the
language/compiler with an algebra, but on the other
hand, the language is nice and clean now and much of
what we are really asking for here is IMHO some things
to make the bookkeeping a bit easier.  Isn't that what
the browser is all about?

-andrew