Dynamic open menus (was: Re: A summary of a few recent projects)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Oct 12 15:02:19 UTC 2002

On Saturday 12 October 2002 05:52 am, danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> Of course, this is just one place where a list of reference is held
> in code, that should be instead updated by packages as they
> load/are removed. The Tools flaps come to mind as another, and I'm
> sure there are more.

The FileList has already had this done, partially, as I recall (by
Stephane Ducasse?). But it hasn't made it into the image for some
reason.

FileList>>itemsForFileEnding:
FileList>>itemsForNoFile
FileList>>itemsForAnyFile

would have to be modified to use the registration scheme.

Right now, itemsForFileEnding: is a great example of the "big switch"
style of programming.

It seems like a good idea, though.
--
Ned Konz