[Q] suppressing halo's

Rudi Angela Olmeca at netscape.net
Mon Oct 14 09:23:19 UTC 2002

I have an application where the user composes multimedia stories by manipulating 'media fragment morphs' contained in 'player tracks' in a 'player morph'.
The player morph is a ScrollPane and the player tracks are Alignment morphs.
I want to allow the user to use the halo's to manipulate the media fragment morphs only. I don't want him to get halo's on the containing objects.
Out of the box (current situation), if the user does a blue button click on a media fragment morph, a halo appears around the ScrollPane object (outermost object). Of course if he continues clicking he will eventually get the halo around the media fragment morph. But this has proven to be confusing even for adult users (while this is an application for children).
The question is: how can I make Squeak only provide halo's around objects (or rather: classes) of my choice.

Any tips appreciated.

Rudi Angela