[BUG?] ScriptingSystem arithmetics

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Oct 14 14:53:07 UTC 2002

Bert --

It's an "unfinished feature" in search of an idea. It's unfinished
because we didn't come up with a really nice and simple way to deal
with subexpressions in etoys. The idea was to solve this problem at
the next scripting level -- for Omniusers -- but this didn't get
finished either, so no solution was moved to etoys. I expect that all
of this will be much better and nicer in a few months. However, we
still don't have a great "kids way" to think about and make
subexpressions. Got any good ideas?

Cheers,

Alan

-----