newbie question about Scamper and firewall proxy

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Oct 15 16:43:08 UTC 2002

On Monday 14 October 2002 08:23 am, dfaught at footlocker.com wrote:

> When normally using Internet Explorer, the firewall proxy server is
> set up in the Internet Options, and when I then request a page that
> requires Internet access, I get prompted for a userid and password
> to authenticate to the firewall.

I don't know about the system integration part, though there seems to
be a primitive that gets proxy configuration.

Though you didn't say what platform you were using (Win32 or Mac
whatever), which probably matters.

> Is there something easy that I am missing here?  How can I make
> this work?

Have you tried something like this:

HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: 'web-proxy.online.disney.com' port:
8080.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com