Squeak crash with Comanche Swiki when uploading

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Oct 23 19:58:52 UTC 2002

Do you get the same problem if you use the macintosh carbon version.

Both the unix version and the cocoa version use some flavor of the unix
socket code. If it doesn't
crash with the macintosh carbon version that could point to some nasty
issue in the
unix socket code.

Symbols could be stripped out of the VM as part of the build , or not
supplied by the compiler, however I'll let Ian or Marcel comment.

Ah crashing in the garbage collector is a sure sign of a primitive
tampering with object memory in a bad way, then again
it could actually be a VM bug.

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002, at 12:50  PM, Alain Fischer wrote:

> I am running a swiki on our server (Mac OS X Server 10.1.5) and
> I work well except for uploding. The VM crash each time I try to use
> the upload.
>
> I use the most recent platform-independent download: Comanche 5.0 /
> Swiki 1.3
> I have tried two different headless VM:
> 1) CocoaSqueak compiled headless as a tool.
> 2) Unix 3.2-5 compiled headless whith some modification to be able to
> compile
>      on Mac OS X
>
> It seem that the crash was when the VM is GCing for CocoaSqueak.
> I was not able to see the stack trace for the Unix VM since the
> symbols are striped
> and I don't know how to keep these.
>
> Perhaps Ian or Marcel or others could give me some hints how to
> resolve this.
>
> If some of you run a swiki, what configuration are you using to have a
> stable swiki.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Alain

===