Agenda clone in Squeak

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Oct 23 21:43:15 UTC 2002

Hey all,

Lately, there's been a fuss about Lotus Agenda, now that someone is keen
on making a clone of it, based on MySQL and Python.  I read up on it,
reading some of the links posted here and found through Google. I
installed it on my machine at work, and was happy to find that...

It's a lot like how the PIM will be in Dynapad! (http://dynapad.swiki.net)
I've been pondering how a PIM should be and discussing it with others, and
this sort of system is what I had planned.

Luckily, unlike MySQL and Python, the Dynapad version will be a lot
smaller, and most definately fit well on PDAs. Some have suggested Squeak
would be better for making an Agenda clone.  We're all in luck! I've
already started on such a beast, before I had even heard of Agenda. It
won't be anywhere near a straight clone of it, but it will be just as
powerful, if not more.

But unfortunately, I'm a wee undergrad student, taking a positively full
class load as well as working 30 hours/week.  So coding time is very small
and percious for me.  I plan on doing a lot of Dynapad work during my
winter holiday, where I will just code until my hands fall off.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "corporation, n: an ingenious device for obtaining individual profit
          without individual responsibility."        :: ambrose bierce