[ANN]SqueakMap RC1!

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Oct 24 14:34:07 UTC 2002

Hi Alejandro and all!

"Magistrello Alejandro (SFA)" <magistra at TELEFONICA.COM.AR> wrote:
> Hi Göran
>
> tried to install SM,
>
> it says
> 'SqueakMap has been installed in image.
> Will now continue with installing SM Package Loader -
> a simple UI tool for SqueakMap. First the map will be updated.
> Do not be worried if some of the master servers are not responding.'
>
> then
> 'All SqueakMap master servers are down:'
> hit OK and have a dnu: #downloadFileName

Oops. Hmmm, didn't I check that case? I thought I did.
Ah. Ok, it is SMLoader that opens up and obviously getting into a bug
when the map is completely empty.
So the DNU is a bug in SMLoader, but the real problem is that you don't
get updated.

> maybe all the servers are not down

Nope they are not. The last one (marvin.bluefish.se:8000) is up and that
is the one it should succeed with.

> i'm behind a proxy here but don't know if this is the problem,

Probably that's it. I knew that this would come up sometime soon - I
should move the server to map1 ASAP and then it will work for you... I
will see if I can do it right now. Be back in max 30 minutes.

regards, Göran