[ANN] New Version of VI4 (block closures)

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 24 16:59:01 UTC 2002

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> I've been puzzling over how to adapt #callCC to this change.  What I need,
> more or less, is some way to capture and copy the current stack, IP,
> etc, and then restore these at a later point - even once the original
> stack has been unwound.

To do this correctly I need to change how block returns (^) work so it
does not matter if the process has been copied.  Give me a day to fix
this and I will provide you a way to copy processes.  That means the
rest of you should hold off until I finish this before creating VMs for
the other platforms.

Cheers,
Anthony