DVS compatibility with 3.3

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Oct 25 03:28:37 UTC 2002

When trying to get a DVS package together for 3.3, the load complains
loudly:

error: 'You cant do it this way with modules. Categories are computed
from module paths.'

That happens when we get to:

Smalltalk organization
addCategory: 'Project-Connectors';
addCategory: 'Project-Connectors-Demo';
addCategory: 'Project-Connectors-FSM';
addCategory: 'Project-Connectors-Info';
addCategory: 'Project-Connectors-Broom';
yourself!

Interestingly, if I just hit "Proceed" on each of the five notifiers,
it loads fine. So the rest of the file is fine for 3.3.

Is this something that needs to be fixed in 3.3 or in DVS? I can't see
having to have two separate file-ins for the two versions of
Squeak...

In fact, is it even necessary to explicitly add categories in 3.2 and
earlier versions? Doesn't the mere mention of a category in a class
definition make it exist?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com