[ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader (0.95)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Oct 25 13:45:05 UTC 2002

Well, another version, with many fixes, based on suggestions by Brent,
Ned, and Doug, and suggestions and code by Goran.

- Show what filters are active using checkbox menus
- Added "installed packages" filter
- Improved balloon help, added help for set download directory.
- Made class comment include startup code.
- New border fix (no more Elric style ;-)
- Help improved - spelling correction + point out initial filter
settings
- Added Cursor wait showWhile: around downloads. (suggested by Goran)

Plus some changed quietly release yesterday:
- show cards ordered alphabetically
- Add a menu item to upgrade all installed packages
- correctly report installation (not download) failure.
- Update list after updating map.

Take a look at your favorite issues. With somewhat more precise (and
longer) menu item names, I'm getting a feeling the balloon help isn't
helping much. Suggestions for improvement welcome.

I haven't been able to lock the description pane. May I have a snippet
or pointer?

There was allegedly a situtation where things misbehaved when SM
couldn't find any servers. Goran, you blamed me. Bad, bad goran ;-)
well, can anyone give me a recipe to reproduce? disconnecting the
network cable doesn't do anything interesting.

Have fun.

Now going to start chasing Gorans changes to the API, so we can all get
RC2.

Daniel Vainsencher