pdf files

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Fri Oct 25 20:26:21 UTC 2002

Tim W wrote:

> A newbie question. Has there ever been an attempt to make pdf files
> viewable from within the file list browser ? Is it possible ? thanks,
> Tim

I'm working on a PDF displayer. It currently understands the PDF
document file structure, Flate-compressed stream objects, and can render
polygons and displays red blocks where text characters should be...
IOW, it's far from finished :-)
Main things to do:
- implement path-based clipping
- integrate with TrueType fonts, maybe add type1 font support
- implement more stream filters
- all the rest...

So don't hold your breath, especially since my vacation is over, and
I'll be unable to devote lots of time into it after this weekend.
However, once it's finished somewhat, it should be able to display
decomposable PDF pages (somewhat similar to the flash stuff in Squeak).

Cheers,
Hans-Martin