[ANN] SqueakMap RC2 and SM Loader 0.96 out

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sun Oct 27 10:38:10 UTC 2002

Hi PhiHo and all!

Quoting PhiHo Hoang <phiho.hoang at rogers.com>:
> Hi Ned, Göran,
>
>     > Hm... we could fix that. Right now we use a utility method
>     > on ChangeSorter class.
>
>     Let's try to see how far SqueakMap can go on low octane gas. ;-)

Yes, the dependency on ChangeSorter is probably very easy to get rid of. I will
look at it. Was that the only dependency that tripped you? How about the other
stuff Ned listed?

The "SqueakMap" package (RC2) is meant to file in cleanly in 3.2 with no other
packages needed. Currently it does include some UI code (self inform: and other
such silly stuff) but Daniel has been on my back about cleaning that stuff out
and I will do that for the next release, especially since headless images should
be able to use SM.

But IMHO RC2 is still good enough to be able to go out into the 3.2 update stream.

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek