changing window and font colors

Michael Vanier mvanier at cs.caltech.edu
Sun Oct 27 12:03:35 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm a new squeak user.  I've played around with the system many times, but
I'm just starting to get into it more seriously, mainly because I've
discovered that it's a nearly perfect prototyping system for a project I'm
working on.  [Side note: I don't think Smalltalk's usefulness as a
prototyping tool is emphasized enough, especially to those outside the
community.  There's really nothing else like it.]

Here's my problem: I find that looking at windows with text in them which
are basically dark text on light-colored windows hurts my eyes after a
while (which makes them poor choices for long hacking sessions).  What I
want is to be able to have a dark background and a light-colored font
instead.  I haven't figured out how to do this, much less make it the
default, but since I know that Squeak is infinitely customizable, I know
that there must be a way ;-)  Anybody want to help me out?

Thanks,

Mike