About SqueakMap for 3.2 and the future!

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Oct 28 08:10:08 UTC 2002

Hi Avi and all!

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Göran Hultgren wrote:
>
> > I have actually a reimplementation of the Swiki-syntax that is completely
> > "separate" that we can plug into SM!.
>
> I'd be interested in taking a look at this - is there a changeset you can
> post?

Sure, took some time to clean it up just a teeny bit. It is a single
class and it seemed to work in a clean 3.2.
Read class comment, read method comment in #swikifyPiece: and play with
class side tests.

And:
- Yes, the tests should be SUnit tests.
- No, I haven't optimized it yet, but the profiler shows that there are
a few things we could fix.
- No, the code is perhaps not pretty, but it is at least contained and
IMHO much more direct than in ComSwiki.
- No, mixing uls and ols does not currently work.
- Yes, you just implement #urlForLink: in your model and then do as the
tests do. Here is an example of more advanced urlForLink method:

urlForLink: aString
	"Resolve aString into a relative url. Case insensitive.
	We check for products, employees, special pages,
	newslines and documents in that order. If nothing matches
	the string is returned as it is."

	| hit string |
	string _ aString asLowercase.
	hit _ company products detect: [:p | p name asLowercase = string]
ifNone: [nil].
	hit ifNotNil: [^'produkter/', hit name].
	hit _ company employees detect: [:e | e name asLowercase beginsWith:
string] ifNone: [nil].
	hit ifNotNil: [^'anstallda/', hit name].
	hit _ specialPages detect: [:p | p title asLowercase = string] ifNone:
[nil].
	hit ifNotNil: [^'sida?id=', hit id asString].
	hit _ newsItems detect: [:i | i title asLowercase = string] ifNone:
[nil].
	hit ifNotNil: [^'nyheter/', hit title].
	hit _ documents detect: [:d | d alias asLowercase = string or: [d
fileName asLowercase = string]] ifNone: [nil].
	hit ifNotNil: [^'dokument/', hit fileName].
	"no hit..."
	^aString

Enjoy. I am thinking of adding this class into SM but then we need to
make it pretty in SMLoader and Browser too. :-) Or perhaps we could just
reuse parts of Scamper to show the HTML?!

> Avi

regards, Göran