Envy or Store or what?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Oct 30 07:29:37 UTC 2002

Travis Griggs <tgriggs at keyww.com> wrote:
> First of all, let me apologize for the tone of yesterday's message. Avi
> and Goran (and others) have been working hard to make the simplest thing
> that could possibly work, work. And my message would probably seem to
> say "screw the work you're doing". And that was not my intent, and I
> apologize for sending such a negative vibe.

No problemo. We all know CVS sucks in many ways and is very nice in some
others.
There is nothing in DVS that ties it with CVS. And sqcvs is not
necessarily meant for storing Smalltalk code in CVS.
And CVSTProj is probably also not completely tied with CVS.

But I agree - we need nice teamwork tools. But we need them integrated
in Squeak and in under typically under SqueakL.

So as I understand it that puts StORE out of the race - but could
someone in short words describe what is so cool about it?
I have never used it.

regards, Göran