An uncomfortable question

Daniel Joyce daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 31 01:17:51 UTC 2002

sle, it's a nightmare, not to be attempted by mere
> mortals.
>
> So by all means lets consider our goals carefully. I really like the
> scenario that's emerging from the interaction of SqueakMap and DVS. I
> hope that we can arrive at a very basic kernel in the image, with
> easy-to-install packages available from SqueakMap.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Colin

He's implying we'll end up with the equivalent of DLL Hell that Windows
( and to a lesser extent ) windows have.

Linux survives in the fact that diff versions of the same libs can live
together happily by using symbolic links, and ld. Simple, and works
better than windows registry pain....

Modules MUST support version dependency, and different versions of the
same modules living on the host system if this is to work...

Read up on PIE and Traits, these ideas could solve our problems...

-Daniel