An uncomfortable question

Karl Goiser karl at wattle.net
Thu Oct 31 03:20:09 UTC 2002

On balance, I am with Dean.

I think the beauty of Squeak is that you can get down to programming
without any superfluous rubbish like Java's import java.io.*  or the
literary diarrhoea of stuff like Iterator myIterator = new Iterator()
(how many times do you have to say something before the compiler 'get
it'?)  etc etc.  It is clear and pure and I would hate it to be muddied
by unnecessary stuff just because of me-too-itis.

However, I also understand the problem of having multiple
'applications' in the one image and inter-dependencies.

It is a tough problem.

Karl