#next, #next:

Craig Latta squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Oct 1 03:17:04 UTC 2002

Hi Bill--

> ...I tried
>
>    'abc' next: 5
>
> and got 'abc' vs. an exception.  Does Flow (so far, I can't load it
> in my 3.2 image and haven't had time to try it in a clean image) or
> some other project address this issue?

	Flow does; it makes the distinction via >>next: (which raises an
exception on exhaustion) and >>nextAvailable: (which answers as many of
the requested number of elements as are available).

-C

p.s.	I'm assuming you meant something like ('abc' stream next: 5) ?

p.s.s.

	The current release of Flow takes the form of a single file-in, so it's
pretty quick to install. I'd also appreciate any stacks you care to
send, from your attempt to install in your working image. Thanks!

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist
craig at netjam.org