ElastoLab

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Oct 1 18:01:25 UTC 2002

I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but David Buck wrote a nice
essay about why he switched from C++ to Smalltalk for the UI part
of ElastoLab. He also describes how he uses an update downloading
mechanism like Squeak's to get bug fixes to his users. See:

http://www.whysmalltalk.com/smalltalkcomparisons/elastolab.htm

Incidentally, the program is only US $20, which is very reasonable.
If I had a PC, I'd buy a copy. He also offers a free 7-day evaluation
of the full program using a rather clever server-based scheme to
revoke the privelege after the seven days expire.

I'd love to see David succeed. It would encourage more of us
to build and sell cool and interesting software written in Smalltalk.

	-- John