SqueakOS

Jecel Assumpcao Jr squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 2 23:47:43 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 14:06, Derek Brans wrote:
> How difficult would it be to turn Squeak into an OS?  Has there been
> any discussion / papers about this that someone can point me to?

Check out http://sourceforge.net/projects/squeaknos/ and
http://mathmorphs.swiki.net/9

Did you know that before Digitalk introduced Methods (later Smalltalk/V)
for PCs running DOS in 1985, Smalltalk was always implemented on the
raw hardware?

  "Operating System: An operating system is a collection of things that
   don't fit into a language. There shouldn't be one."
  Daniel H H Ingalls in "Design Principals Behind Smalltalk", August
  1981 issue of Byte Magazine, pages 286 to 298

-- Jecel