MathMorphs

Andreas Raab squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Oct 11 01:43:17 UTC 2002

Hi Doug,

Welcome!

> 3)  Am I posting to the correct group?  What type of
> posts are accepted in this e-group?

You're absolutely right here. The questions you're asking are all suited
for this list. Generally, you might discuss about everything that even
remotely relates to Squeak (see recent threads about housing for OOPSLA
or the requirements for job applicants in Canada ;-) although it mostly
centers around technical issues.

> 2)  Is there a Squeak.exe that works with 3.2-4956 and
> has fixed the DirectX bug (objects are always black).

Yes. Grab it from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5506&release_id=10
9198

(pick the Squeak-Win32-3.2.3-VM.zip file) Note that there's a chance
that everything will _still_ come out black - if so search your harddisk
for a "Squeak3D.dll" (probably in the place where your Squeak.exe lives)
and DELETE it (it is an outdated version which has been replaced in the
mean time). Note that the above VM has integrated D3D/OpenGL support
(meaning there's just one VM not two) and you can change this if you
press F2 go into "display and sounds" section and enable/disable the
"use opengl" item (note: the VM will have to be restarted in order for
this to take effect).

> 5)  Is there a better version of Squeak than what I am
> using?

Depends on what you mean by "better". The 3.2-4956 is a very reliable
version which I would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to run latest
(possibly broken and ill-documented) stuff ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas