Clipping and scrolling

Ned Konz squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Oct 11 06:06:39 UTC 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 09:58 pm, Daniel Joyce wrote:
> Also, maybe it's just me, but parents are supposed to send layout
> changed and other goodies to their kids. It's the only way to make
> sure buttons/boxes don't hang outside of their parents

A morph can force drawing of its submorphs to be clipped to its=20
bounds. This doesn't require telling the submorphs, just setting up=20
the clipping bounds in the drawing canvas appropriately.

If you have morph that has submorphs hanging out, try telling it to=20
"provide clipping" (in the halo menu). See if that changes things.

--=20
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com
GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE